COVID-19: Free Hotel Rooms For Healthcare Workers
Hilton-owned hotels throughout the Florida Suncoast region are making rooms available at no charge to frontline healthcare workers during the COVID-19 crisis. The hotel chain announced it will donate rooms to doctors, nurses, EMTs, paramedics and other frontline medical staff who need a place to sleep, recharge or isolate from their families. Hilton is initially working with 10 associations (see below) to provide access to a variety of Hilton brands, including Hampton by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and others here and in other hot spots across the nation.
The program is currently slated to run April 13-May 31, 2020. To qualify, you must be a member of one of the professional associations listed below and log in to your associations’ online membership portal to make a reservation. If you book a room through the standard Hilton.com site, you will be responsible for paying the posted rate. More information will be available by April 13 on each professional associations’ website.
Here is the list of professional associations included:
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Hospital Association
- American Nurses Association
- Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association
- Emergency Nurses Association
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants
- Society of Hospital Medicine